In Ohio for a Funeral

I'm in Ohio for a couple of days because the Hubster's best friend's mom passed away and we are here for the funeral. Hubster and his buddies are all in another hotel room, drinking beer and trading memories. I was tired (and about to choke to death from all the cigarette smoke), so I headed back to our room.

So here I am, tired and ready for sleep. It's been a long day--a long drive in the snow, and then funeral visitations are emotionally stressful, whether you know anyone there or not. (Both situations are stressful, of course, in different ways.) I don't know why I'm blogging right now. I wasn't going to blog anymore. Normally I would be writing in my journal, but I left my notebook is in the car, and it's too cold outside (and I'm too tired) to go get it.

Speaking of, here's a truly funny post about blogging. (HT: Jungle Pop)

Things I've been doing lately (other than working my patootie off) ...

- Trying to get the house ready for sale
- Reading like a ... like a bookworm (current book: What's So Great About America, by my second-favorite pundit, Dinesh D'souza)
- Feeling kind of tired and sad
- Watching, with morbid curiosity, the presidental primary hullaballoo

I've been running, though not as much as I'd planned. Piano is ... I don't want to talk about piano. I love it so much, and my practices are so short, that it's literally painful to drag myself away from it and go back to work.

My life is so cushy and easy if the hardest part of my day is dragging myself from the piano. I really shouldn't complain.

Good news about taxes, and a tip for all you taxpayers: If you have an additional $200 withheld from every paycheck during the year, you might actually get a refund. I did just this, and will be getting my first refund, ever, from the U.S. Government.

I feel so clever. I think I will buy some COOKIES when Hub and I get our refund check.

Have you seen this funny blog yet? It cracks me up.

Along with many others, I've been experiencing William F. Buckley nostalgia lately. Why? It's not like I knew the guy, or even that I was all that familiar with his work. I just know that he loved language and classical music and was an awesome writer, and that he founded the magazine for which my favorite pundit is managing editor. And I bought his book Miles Gone By several years ago and just think he's the cat's pajamas.

Tonight I'm drinking Beaulieu Vineyard Coastal Estates Pinot Noir 2006 Vin de Pays D'Oc (whatever that means). It's OK. Not bad for a $9.99 wine from the town liquor store, but not the best $9.99 wine I've ever had, either.

Well, I'd better get to bed. Dinesh is calling me, and I'm hoping to hit the hotel treadmill early tomorrow morning.

Comments

Popular Posts