Friday, March 28, 2008

Bored No More?

I wrote an e-mail to my boss today telling her I was bored.

(That's a very dangerous thing to do, by the way.)

I also told her that I wanted to discuss documentation plans for the next few months. Things really feel up in the air at work; not in a bad way, but in an "I'm-not-sure-what-I'm-supposed-to-do-next" way. (Did they need me to take over the company? Probably not. Did they want me to start planning some general "business writing" classes for the summer, when different departments offer training to all company employees who are interested? Possibly. Did they want to fire me? Hopefully not.)

So anyway, I was getting ready to hit Send when I got an e-mail from the VP of our division saying that he, my boss, and I needed to have a meeting this afternoon to do some "documentation brainstorming."

Wow. So before I sent my boss the e-mail, I added a little note at the beginning, something like, "Just thought it was kind of funny that I was getting ready to send you this e-mail when I got the meeting announcement."

She wrote back and said I shoudn't worry, that I wasn't going to be bored for long. In fact, she wrote, I'm going to be VERY (in all caps) busy after the meeting today.

So I e-mailed her back with this ultra-professional response:



Now, by "VERY busy," I hope she didn't mean I was going to be packing up my personal items and saying good-bye to everyone. I'll keep you posted, faithful readers.

No comments: