Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not a Chew Toy

Apparently one night this weekend, I mistook my lower lip for a chew toy. You know how that works--you bite it once, and then you keep biting it.

I don't know if I was subconsciously trying to make call season more painful than it already was, or what. But I do know this much: I don't look so good. My lip is swollen and throbbing and covered in medication cream. It hurts to eat, to drink coffee, to talk.

I'd love to write about something more interesting and less self-absorbed, but all I can think about is how much my lip hurts. I'd take a picture of it to share with everyone here, but it's really gross. I apparently nearly chewed a couple of holes in my mouth.

One of my favorite bloggers, Ann V., can take a hurt lip and write a meaningful and thought-provoking devotional on it. So go read her blog. It offers much more food for thought than mine does. Heck, today I'm wincing at the very thought of food--for thought, or otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I used to do that. Now I make sure I keep a pack of gum handy. My jaw may hurt by the end of the night, but at least my lip is intact.

    ReplyDelete