Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Quick Note

Glub, glub, glub ...

I'm coming up from the dark, shadowy depths of the work vortex to let my dear friends, the few who still read this blog, know that I am indeed alive and well. Here's the latest ...

PIANO: Conover the piano and I got along famously. Now someone needs to buy our house so we can afford Conover.

I've begun working on a new Prelude and Fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier, Vol. 1. This time I'm in Bb-major. Quite a change from the C#-major piece I've been loving for ... yes, two years.

I'm also starting a series of short pieces by Shostakovich, "Seven Dolls' Dances."

WORK: I'm working 55+ hours a week these days. Starting Dec. 31, the work hours diminish a bit, to 54 hours a week--60 if you include lunch piano practice hour. Yup. 10 hours a day, six days a week. Plus the two-hour-a-day commute.

Someone needs to buy our house. The house we want is within walking distance of my cubicle-away-from-home.

Oops ... need to go to a meeting. Such is life these days. Heading back down to the murky depths now ... glub, glub, glub ...

3 comments:

  1. holy crap, that's a whole lotta work. and a whole lotta commuting.
    someone needs to buy your house!
    oh, did you say that already? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that glub-glub-glubbing somehow reminds me of Smeagol!

    ReplyDelete