Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nose to Grindstone

Today I woke up and thought, "It's December 20. Hmm. That's an important day. Why is it an important day?"

I knew it was my sister Rebecca's birthday, and that made it an important day. But I knew there was something else ... some other reason that made December 20 an important day.

I'd like to say that I thought about it for hours, but I didn't. I got to work. Nose to grindstone. Gliding through the wonderful world of help files. (We tech writers do that kind of thing.)

Then, at some point this afternoon, I remembered why December 20 is so important:

It's the day I finished my thru-hike.

Well, duh.

Methinks I am working too hard.

The good news is ... the crazy development season is almost over! My life will soon return to some semblance of normalcy, and I'll then be able to catch up on the 1,000+ non-spam e-mails in my personal mailbox!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, but what about alternative minimum tax issue that was just voted on? I thought about you when I heard that on the news, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny in both the link article and this post you mention returning to normalcy.
    What an accomplishment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete