Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I've Missed Me, Too

I got two e-mails and a blog comment yesterday from people saying they've missed me and my blog. How sweet. Thank you, friends. Y'all aren't the only ones. I miss myself. I haven't had time (or the will) to blog, write e-mails, write creative stuff, or even read very much. I wake up, I work out, I go to work, I practice piano at lunch, I stay at work until 7:30 or so, and I come home. That's pretty much life these days.

No, I'm not Depressed. (Yay!) I won't lie--I've had a low-grade depression thing going on for a couple of weeks, as well as a migraine that kept me home from work last Friday--but the job, aside from the long hours and the commute, isn't at all stressful. It's easy, in the way that tech writing jobs are easy for professional tech writers. It's fun. It's like a game. I have no complaints about the job itself.

Except for the fact that I can't access my personal e-mail because Gmail is blocked. Grr. So I check e-mail for two minutes at 5 a.m., and for about 8 minutes before I fall asleep at 9:30. Which is why no one but no one has heard a peep from me in weeks.

Peep.

There you go!

So, here's the latest news, for anyone who is wondering:

1) Hub and I are thinking about buying a big ole farmhouse near the Appalachian Trail. Coincidentally, it's also about 12 minutes from my place of employment.

2) Warning: This one is a TMI topic: Last week I had reason to believe that Hub and I were pregnant (we're not, nor we were planning to become so). I went through three pregnancy tests in two days. Those pregnancy tests are like M&Ms, or cupcakes--I think, "OK, I'm just going to take one, and that's all, no more until tomorrow or the next day or the next ..." And thing I know, those three-for-the-price-of-two-$16-plastic-pee-sticks are gone.

3) I've made a really good friend at work! Her anagram is Broccoli Warpath Gal, which is fitting because she is very determined to eat right, exercise, etc. Kinda like me.

4) I've graduated, so to speak, from the Bach and Liszt pieces I've been working on forever. I also graduated from the Schumann short piece. But I'm going to keep playing 'em for the rest of the year and wait until January to start Beethoven, Shostakovich, Schubert, and ... you guessed it ... Bach. Except for the Bach, I'll be working on short, not-so-difficult pieces because that's all my schedule allows for these days.

5) Hubster is doing great. His beard is all full and mountain-man-like. I love it when he adopts the Grizzly Adams look.

I hope we can get that old farmhouse. A grand piano would fit nicely there, and the non-commute to work will allow for more writing time.

3 comments:

  1. I hope it all works out. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad y'all found a house you both like! Have you had time to go look at it yet? Are there plenty of extra bedrooms for weekend guests? Enquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...big ol' house...near the A.T....hmmm. Almost smells hostel-ish, or lots of company at the least-ish!

    ReplyDelete