Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Latest Book

Yes, folks, the software manual went to the printers about an hour ago. My latest tome, written with one of my co-workers, is a happy 276 pages, not counting the title page, copyright page, table of contents, and index.

We'll get a proof soon, make a few final edits (I've already found a groaner in the index--aarrgghh!), and then it will start printing "for real."

What a relief. We beat the deadline. I've worked 11+ hours for the last three days. Time for a break.

Maybe I'll actually e-mail a friend or two. I haven't done that in a long time.

Oh, and Happy Halloween, Reformation Day, All-Souls, etc., everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaayyyyy!!! How many people end up proofreading the book? I'm finding all sorts of typos and other mistakes in the instruction manual for the H&R Block income tax course I'm taking. Of course I'm the only one who has noticed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. Hopefully you will have more time for piano, running, and husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on beating your deadline, that always rocks!

    Happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete