Sunday, September 30, 2007

Play By Play

Friday.
Take first-ever day off from new job.
Run 12 miles.
Clean house.
Wash four loads of clothes.
Look through closet and fret that I have no dressy fall-style-but-perfect-for-muggy-weather dresses that are good for dancing.
Pack: underwear, PJs, airplane clothes, makeup, toiletries, and six dresses--some dressy, some fall-style, some good for muggy weather, some good for dancing, but none a combination of the three. Oh, and shoes to match everything. It's a heavy suitcase for a 24-hour trip.
Clean house some more.
Cancel piano because the funny "check engine" light of my car keeps coming on and the car is making strange lurching movements and I'm nervous about making the drive to Asheville.
End up not taking car to shop because time gets away from me.
Drive to Charlotte with Hubster. In Hubster's car.
Get to John G. Young's house at 8:15. Eat dinner. Drink wine. Chat with John & Kim.
Read a few pages.
Go to sleep.

Saturday
4:00 a.m.: Rise and shine!
5:00 a.m. Arrive at airport
6:00 a.m. Fly to Atlanta
8:00 a.m. Fly to New Orleans, rent car, drive to Chez Parents.
10:30 a.m. Had planned to go shopping with Mrs. Gwen to find a dressy-fall-style-but-perfect-for-muggy-weather dress that is good for dancing, but am simply too worn out. Opt to rest and spend time with family instead. Pick out a not-so-dressy, not-so-fallish, and not so great for dancing, but perfect-for-muggy-weather old dress to wear to my friend Jan's wedding.
Visit with my mom and aunt.
Eat.
Watch LSU whup Tulane. Cheer, as I have no love for Tulane.
Nap.
5:30 p.m. All dressed up in the perfect-for-muggy-weather old dress. Drive to wedding in Baton Rouge.
6:05 p.m. Get to wedding. It's 89 degrees out. I made the correct dress choice.
6:30 p.m. Wedding. Cry. Have fun sitting next to Andye's mom. Feel happy because it is a very nice wedding and I'm so happy for Jan and Herb.
7:30 p.m. till about 10:30: Wedding reception. Lots of fun. Saw lots of old friends I haven't seen since 1988 or so. Did not dance much, as it was very warm. Am thankful to have selected the right dress. Am happy to see Jan and her man so happy.
10:30 p.m. Leave early because we have to fly out early.
11:00 p.m. Get back to Chez Parents. Go to bed.

Sunday
5:00 a.m. Rise and shine!
6:00 a.m. Go to New Orleans airport. Fly to Atlanta. Fly to Charlotte. Drive home.
5:30 p.m. Arrive home, wash clothes, take shower and wash all the nasty airplane germs off me.

It's about quarter to 8:00 p.m. now. I'm wiped out. Going to bed in about twenty minutes.

I was looking forward to Jan's wedding, but I was not looking forward to the whirlwind that this weekend was going to be. But it wasn't so bad. And I'm glad I was able to go to the wedding. It was definitely worth the hassle of getting there.

Good night!

1 comment: