Sunday, September 23, 2007

Long Run Today

I had the most awesome run today. I took a trip to the lovely little AT town of Franklin, NC, and ran 12 miles on the Little Tennessee River Greenway. What an awesome run! It was hot, but there was a breeze, and both bathrooms and water fountains were available when needed. What more could one ask for?

I usually hit kind of a wall after 10 miles. Not today. I actually sped up after 10 miles. Hit something of a second wind. My last half-mile was up a hill--Main Street in Franklin--so it wasn't quite so energized. But it was a good run. A great run. I listened to Phedippidations, The Extra Mile, and some music. I keep meaning to send a training update to The Extra Mile, but I keep forgetting. Someone remind me.

My last long run was supposed to be last Saturday, but I had to push it forward to Sunday. Which means I technically ran a whopping 35.88 miles this week. My next long run is Friday, so my mileage for next week and subsequent weeks will be more "normal" (~25 miles).

Here's what's cool: I'm #27 on the leader board of Buckeye Outdoors!



I'm usually #72 or #65 or #48 ... but I've never been in the top 30!

I LOVE running.

3 comments:

  1. That's great -- way to go! :)

    I had a really good swim today, too. Must be in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanette: Your good swim was in the air? You're even more amazing than I thought! :)

    Glad you had a good swim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! You are an inspiration, the way you set goals and then go after them.

    ReplyDelete