Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Love Conversations Like This

On White Blaze, a popular online hiking forum, a poster named "Frosty" started a thread with this glowing comment:
I'm about two-thirds of the way through Liteshoe's book, "The Ordinary Adventurer," and am limiting myself to a few pages a night because I don't want it to end.

I enjoy books and journals that talk about the day-to-day logistics of hiking, and I enjoy books and journals that relate the author's personal experiences and how they felt about what was going on. I like to read about people and places along trails, and I like to read about how people were personally affected by their hikes.

So when I get hold of a book that does all four, I really don't want to rush through it.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes to read about long distance hikes. If you don't want to buy it for the above reasons, you need to find out the first thing you should do when caught by a thunderstorm on an exposed ridge. (The answer is on Page 95, and no, I won't spoil your fun by revealing it here.)
I am so proud of my author! The Ordinary Adventurer will be on amazon.com soon, but why wait? Order it now and get your own signed copy!

3 comments:

  1. I finally ordered my copy. I had been meaning to. I guess I would call myself a day hiker and tent camper but love to read about all different types of experiences. I have family in Vermont as well. Let me go. We've got a hike planned today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. joan: Thanks so much for buying Jan's book! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan and I emailed back and forth. After asking where I had heard about the book, she was very complimentary of you. I'm going to try to hold off reading it until my vacation Oct 21. We will see.

    ReplyDelete