Sunday, July 1, 2007

Music for Tonight

Thanks to my friend the Opinionated Arpeggist, I've discovered the International Music Score Library Project. So, from now on, I can share bits and pieces of what I'm working on. Yee-hi!

So, tonight I'm going to focus on the following:



This little beauty is from my Bach Fugue in C# Major from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Vol. 1. I absolutely love the measure on the left. That natural B in the soprano voice just sounds ... divine. Transformational. Makes my heart do a little fillip.

*****************

Here's what I focused on in my earlier practice today:




These are the final measures of my C# Major Prelude. The circled measure is the one I focused on the most. There's nothing difficult about the notes in the measure, but my left hand has gotten lazy and I'm not playing the notes evenly enough once I exceed a certain tempo. Here's a close-up:





And here's a fun one:



I won't be working on this one tonight. I just thought I'd share with everyone the measure in the Liszt that continues to befuddle me. Nine against four. I can play it, but I never feel confident that I'm going to play it right. I generally do an okay job about half the time. I generally do a spot-on, perfect job about ... never. Not yet, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm actually using FullShot, which we have at work. We're about to move to SnagIt, which can also make screenshots with cool effects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda's right, Waterfall -- the graphics are very well done. Makes it very easy to follow -- i.e. I don't have to run downstairs at get a score :). Glad I wuz able to help on the sources for the graphics.

    ReplyDelete