Monday, July 23, 2007

HP and the Deathly Hallows: No Spoilers Here

I'm not going to write much because I don't want any spoilers to slip in.

I just love it when I expect a book to be really good, and then it goes and lives up to expectations. And then it goes on to surpass them in more ways than I can count.

I finished at 2:00 this morning. I love this book. I love J.K. Rowling. I entered another world for a good 10 hours this weekend (on and off), and the whole experience was richly satisfying.

There. That's all I'm gonna say.

And now, back to my regularly scheduled novel ...

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I agree!

    Totally, completely awesome.

    Redemptive, satisfying, wonderful.

    I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Target yesterday and there was the book. And book #6. Tony picked them both up, which makes me laugh and laugh, because he never reads anything except the funnies and my blog. Pfft. At least I'll have something to read on the plane Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on chapter 18 and it's really killing me that I have to wait for Paul to get home to continue because we read it aloud to each other. The nice part about this is that it stretches the book out so we can savor it, like a rich slice of cheese cake.

    After we're done, I'm going back and reading the entire series from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished at 1:00am here, which means that we finished at about the same time. And I agree, it was quite a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a copy at Sam's Club this morning (Tuesday). I was hooked on the first page. I can tell it's going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it too. I will probably post some remarks on my predictions, etc. by the weekend, if you want to stop on by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We finished it on Friday morning, and I'm sure we annoyed the guy at the airport gate who was on chapter three as we read aloud to each other, but he could have moved...

    Anyway, all I have to say is that I'm glad that my predictions about Snape were correct, and the snitch part was the most beautiful part of the book, I think.

    ReplyDelete