Monday, June 4, 2007

Non-Cubicle-Landed Stuff

Novel: I woke up this morning at 5:00 and worked on Chapter 16 for about an hour and a quarter. I took several breaks to look over proofs of several pages of Jan's book and send feedback to her and to the publisher. But mostly I got to work on the novel.

Making the Most of the Commute: I listened to Mass in B Minor on the way to work, and then some of the Brandenburg Concertos (Concerti?). All Bach. I had to listen to some NPR as I neared the office, just so I could have a buffer between the miraculous world of Bach and the everyday world of work.

On the way home, I listened to the podcast of last week's "This American Life." I love that show.

Piano: I practiced for about 20 minutes tonight. Not good. I hope to resume lunch-hour practice sessions again soon and will be pursuing that possibility tomorrow.

Hubster: Talked to him on the phone twice today. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. He is the sweetest old Hubster there is.

Exercise: Worked out at the gym after work. Weight training and 25 minutes on the elliptical.

I almost forgot! I ran a 5K this weekend and finished in 27:11!

Healthy Eating: I pretty much ate nothing but fruit and yummy salad all day. Then I went to the grocery store after work and bought a bunch of ... fruits and vegetables. And some frozen chicken breasts. And some pasta. Came home and was too tired to cook anything. So I ate a TLC bar, some a bunch of veggie chips, and a piece of cinnamon toast.

The 'Mater Patch: I have a 'mater patch. I didn't know I was supposed to lime it, but my friend Jan (the author) said I should lime it, so I went ahead and limed it this evening.

Sleep: It's 10:00. Going to beddie-bye. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard the one This American Life about the FCC banning bad words, and the effect it has on children? That's one of my favorites.

    What do you mean "lime the 'mater patch?" Why does a 'mater patch need to be limed? All I've ever done is steer manuered it. Is this some sort of East Coast/West Coast thing?

    ReplyDelete