Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Day 3 of Corporate America-hood

I'm learning new software programs. There's the company's signature software, and then the various internal software tools, and then the very, very cool screenshot software--all of which are brand-spanking-new to me. Next week, add FrameMaker (which I don't know very well) and RoboHelp (which I learned pretty well in Cubicle Land but haven't revisited since then), and I have quite a plateful of learning and re-acquainting ahead of me.

I feel like a thru-hiker at an all-you-can-eat restaurant. I'm happy as a clam.

I get to write the "how-to" guides for the first two software programs. To do that, I'll use the last three programs.

I hate to say it, being the pianist and novelist and creative person that I am, but ... I am so in my element right now. I think I'm going to move the Hubster and cat pictures in tomorrow.

I am nothing if not adaptable.

I practiced piano at the Baptist church during my lunch hour. It's so cool to go from software to the glory of Bach (the C#-major prelude) to software, all in a matter of a couple of hours.

Day 3 of Corporate America, and I'm still going strong.

1 comment:

  1. I love this: "I practiced piano at the Baptist church during my lunch hour. It's so cool to go from software to the glory of Bach (the C#-major prelude) to software, all in a matter of a couple of hours."

    ReplyDelete