Up at 6:00

I was up at 6:00 on a Saturday morning. I will be working on the tech-writing contract job all weekend, for the most part, but I wanted to get a couple of hours in on my novel.

Chapter 15 is another funny chapter. Except for the sad part. There are a couple of sad parts, but I have this one character, the main character's co-worker, who is somehow able to find the humor in the midst of tragedy, and make you laugh. I don't know how she does it. She just does.

I wrote about 400 words then came to a point where I just had to keep writing ... so I tore myself away. It was painful, but I'll be pining away for my novel over the next couple of days ... which means I'm much more likely to wake up super-early tomorrow so I can have another precious couple of hours with it before the harsh, cold world of technical editing and bookselling descends upon me once again.

That's today's update. It's back to tech-editing for now.

Comments

Popular Posts