Monday, May 14, 2007

Relay Pictures

Here are a few pictures from last weekend's Relay.

When I showed up around 5:30 p.m., the skies were threatening rain.



Volunteers were still setting up luminaries.



The event began with the singing of the National Anthem. The Tuscola ROTC guys looked sharp.




The first lap was the "Survivor Lap." All cancer survivors wore purple t-shirts.



Joshua Gidcumb, the honorary chair this year, led the survivors ...



... on his Scooter.



After survivors and caregivers walked around the track, the teams and their banners started up. Here's Ramcell.



It rained shortly after the luminary ceremony. It stopped raining at some point, but the fog got VERY thick.




Oh, dear. My computer is suddenly creeping and crawling along, and I'm really tired. I'll post a few more pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I love the nighttime pictures, they're so cool. I hope it was insanely successful, cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't why, I like the last photo on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last photo is fascinating. I also like the 4th picture such as the serious expression of the young man with the rifle on the far right and some view of the cancer survivors walking. Joshua G. looked really cute :)

    ReplyDelete