Thursday, May 3, 2007

Job Hopping

I’m working two jobs (Job #1 and Job #2) right now, not counting the volunteer job (Job Relay). I’ll start a third, full-time job (Job #3) in several weeks. (Job #1 and Job #2 will be history by then.)

Yesterday I started work on Job Relay at 6:30 a.m. Then, at 9:30, I headed to Job #1, where I worked for seven hours. Then, last night, I worked from home on Job #2 for several hours.

Then, today, I got in my car to drive to Job #2. And I took a wrong turn and started west—toward Job #3.

I haven’t even started Job #3 yet.

And then I got all weirded out, wondering if maybe I had just dreamed I had started Job #2. And then I wondered if being hired for Job #3 had been a dream as well.

I turned back toward Asheville and Job #2. Even if it did turn out to be a dream, I needed to go to Asheville anyway.

Job #4, that of Great Novelist, has been back-burnered, but the novel and I have a date for tomorrow morning. Three luscious hours of writing. It is when I'm working at Job #4 that my brain starts working again and I don't start wondering what's a dream and what's not.

Ha. Jobs Relay, #2, and #3 are all about writing, too. And Job #1 is all about books.

I’m over-extended but happy, writing merrily away.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

2 comments:

  1. Job hopping? How very awful! You must have somehow inherited that from your maternal birth mother . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooops make that maternal birth FAMILY

    ReplyDelete