Sunday, May 13, 2007

Jan's Book: More Than Half Done

OK, I've been referring to Jan's book for, oh, about a year now. Jan wrote it, and I'm editing it. It took her three months to write, but it's taken almost a year to re-write, hone, re-write, hone, re-write, hone, and re-write and hone ad nauseam.

I had to laugh when I read How to Write a Book in Three Easy Steps, which I found over at Bum Glue.

We're so close. It is my hope that the hiking community (at least those hikers who pre-ordered the book back in October at The Gathering) will hold out just a little longer before they declare mutiny on my poor author and demand their money back.

The book will be worth the wait. I really believe that.

So her publisher now has the entire body of the book, and all we have left is to touch up the intro, epilogue, acknowledgements, etc.--the front and back matter. It'll take a couple of days, but the good news is, the book will be in the publisher's hands and heading into print before Trail Days weekend.

Sigh. I had to miss church today because we were putting the finishing touches on Chapters 19-27, but it needed to be done. I have turned into a regular non-church-goer lately.

I'm really excited about this book. It's gonna be a good 'un.

3 comments:

  1. D___ book better be d_____ good after all this d_____ time! :-)))
    Bet you two are heaving a huge sigh of relief. This is good news indeed. THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXPERTISE, O GREAT GRAMMAR GODDESS. I think I shall henceforward and forever refer to you as "GGG." (Of course that *could* stand for "great giggling goofball" too. :-) Hugs, eArThworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry: Believe me, I will let you know when it's out!

    eArThworm: I think "giggling grammatical goofball" would be most appropriate!

    ReplyDelete