Awesome Weekend

What an amazing weekend. I'm not going to give you a play-by-play, but only because it would probably be boring to anyone who wasn't there, and the people who were there don't need a play-by-play.

It was the 100th anniversary of First Baptist Church in Plaquemine, where I grew up. I got to see lots of old friends, and lots of "grown-ups" who basically helped to raise me over the years. So it was a great reunion.

I didn't think I would be able to come. I hadn't planned to come. But at the last minute, Hubster found me a ticket using his frequent-flyer miles, so I flew down to Louisiana a couple of days ago. It was definitely worth the trip. Even if we'd had to pay lots of money for the plane ticket, it would have been worth the trip.

Now ... back to my regularly scheduled novel-in-progress ...

Comments

Popular Posts