Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Coming Up For Air Again

Just to say ... I'm currently writing Chapter 8. My previous chapter is being bumped back to Chapter 9.

And Chapter 8 is going to be funny. Fun. Knee. But I just hope the front cover of my novel (which is sure to be a bestseller, ha ha) doesn't say "Laugh-Out-Loud Funny!". So many novels have "Laugh-Out-Loud Funny!" on the front or back cover, or inside the book where all the reviews are quoted, and I read these books, thinking they're going to be Laugh-Out-Loud Funny!, and then I end up being disappointed, probably because I went in with such high expectations. Maybe I'm just a big sourpuss. But I think a lot of those "Laugh-Out-Loud Funny!" claims constitute false advertising.

Meanwhile, the novel I'm writing is absolutely cracking me up.

You probably have to be there. Or here.

But that's neither here nor there. I'm going to dive back into the words now.

3 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out loud at that. You crack me up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if the novel you're writing is cracking you up, that's a great sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wherever you are, there you are. And it sounds as though you are in an excellent place! (Just think: A year ago, you were teaching. Now you are WRITING!)

    ReplyDelete