Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OK, I'll Post Something

I know it's been a while. I have been very busy, dear readers, and haven't been on the internet much, other than to look things up on Google or Bartleby.com for the purpose of Jan's book or my novel.

Thanks to all of you who left birthday wishes. I had a wonderful birthday. Best birthday I've had in years. Hubster took me to a romantic little B&B for part of the weekend. When I got home, I got a call from my half-brother Rob, whom I'd never met. (We share the same biological father. I was put up for adoption by my birthmom; he wasn't.) He asked if I minded if he came up to western NC so we could finally meet in person. Well, of course I don't mind!

So he came up with his girlfriend, and the four of us spent Monday talking, hiking, talking, eating king cake, talking, looking up genealogy information (I learned that I'm 50% bona fide Cajun), talking, looking at pictures, and talking some more. It was really good to meet him--more closure for both of us--but at the same time, my mind is bursting with ... processing. Lots of processing to do here. Lots of writing.

Mostly I'm just happy that I've had the chance to meet both of my biological parents, and both of my half-brothers--one from my birthmom, and one from my biological father. It's interesting to see how we are different and how we are alike. And how my environment--my adopted family--has helped to make me what I am, too.

I promise to post more later. Ms. George has left a very intriguing comment in an earlier post, and I need to go to her website and see what this is all about!

Have a lovely Wednesday, everyone.

4 comments:

  1. GLAD YOU HAD A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    I just got back from a backpacking saunter along the Aucilla River--my birthday gift to myself. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Waterfall! Sorry I forgot to say anything on the actual day. I am swamped with graduate school stuff as usual, but life is good. I just turned the big 2-8 a couple weeks ago. Many happy returns to you and the Hub!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What interesting timing that he wanted to see you right around your birthday. How fascinating that must've been to finally meet him. And he you.

    (hugs)

    I'm glad you had a good birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very belated birthday wish, Waterfall. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful weekend, and how exciting that you met your half-brother! I hope that you have a fantastic year being 37 with lots of George, Hubster, Running, Hiking, Writing and king cake eating.

    ReplyDelete