Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Working at the Bookstore

Today's a work day at the bookstore. I've been listening to Bach and reading bits and pieces of The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop. The store will get frantically busy from time to time, but then it quiets down and I once again hear Bach as I nestle into my chair and open my book again.

This is a dream life. I'm not going to pinch myself because I don't want to wake up from it just yet.

We've been selling a lot of religious books today. Strange. This is an independent, somewhat left-leaning, "secular" bookstore (i.e., not a "Christian bookstore" or a "Bible bookstore"), and I've sold two books by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins (authors of the "Left Behind" series) today, plus several other books from our small "inspirational books" section.

I've listened to Bach all day long and am surrounded by books. Do I wake or sleep?

9 comments:

  1. sounds like a great way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every drop of your dream life!
    So you can hear again(?)
    Did you get a new hearing aid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great gig!

    I want a job like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say just enjoy whatever it is, whether wakefulness or sleep. You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you could burn the LeHaye and Jenkins, but other than that it sounds like an excellent day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you through "A Stop at Willoughby"

    I've been dreaming of a bookstore myself recently. There is one for sale in my area and although it doesn't seem like an economically sound investment, I do want the life you seem to be living! My vote is to stay dreaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I am feeling envious. Bach is nice. Some Chopin's music will be good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a librarian--felt the same way. Although we had no music.

    ReplyDelete