Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



CaliforniaTeacherGuy and Ms. George have been doing the "Thursday Thirteen" meme for a while. So I thought I'd join in. I'm going to start with an easy topic, since it's late and I don't feel like thinking.

Thirteen Jobs I've Had

1. Microfilm picture-taker at my dad's office when I was 12
2. Writing tutor at Mary Baldwin College
3. "Kitchen help" at Yellowstone National Park
4. Ticket collector at various Mardi Gras balls
5. Teacher at a private Christian school
6. Social services director at a nursing home
7. Technical writer at several corporations
8. Model for figure-drawing class while trying to make ends meet in grad school
9. On-again, off-again freelance writer
10. Mortgage loan closer in Hendersonville, NC
11. Administrative assistant for various companies
12. Bookseller at an independent bookstore
13. Newsletter editor and brochure-maker at LSU's Wellness Ed Dept.

Let me know if you're also doing the Thursday Thirteen, and I'll add a link to yours here.

Cool header graphic found at Blue Star Chronicles.
More Thirteeners:

7 comments:

  1. Ghreat list, and welcome to Thursday Thirteen!! :)

    That's a lot of different jobs you've had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had a lot of jobs. One of my previous TTs lists my jobs...if you go to my blog, click on the Thursday Thirteen label and you can find it.

    Great list! Welcome to TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a Thursday Thirteen-13 silly things I believed when I was 13.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some interesting jobs you've had. A great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a varied work life too--excellent! I have a friend from high school who has done the exact same thing since he got his degree: practiced law. Now how boring is that? At least you and I know what it's like to hustle for a living!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a lot of useful experience and probably have met some interesting people.

    My TT this week is on new year's finances. And visit my Friday Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Thirteens, Waterfall!
    I imagine that the nursing home job was one of the hardest. I believe I would get very close to people only to watch them pass. It was hard enough to volunteer at a nursing home when I worked in Direct Care.
    I love the bookstore job though. I would definately get one during the summers when my offspring are older.

    ReplyDelete