Thursday, December 21, 2006

Safe in the Loo-zee-anna

Hubster and I drove all day today, and we're finally at the home of Mrs. Gwen and Mr. Hugh, where we found a big pot of chicken-and-sausage gumbo waiting for us. And a head of cauliflower. (I love cauliflower. My mom made me cauliflower.)

We had a good trip. When it took us an hour to creep through Baton Rouge in the "rush" hour traffic, I was reminded of Baton Rouge traffic and glad I now live in rural North Carolina.

I read a most excellent book on the 12-hour drive. Cover to cover. Fascinating stuff.

Merry Christmas, all! (I'm sure I'll blog again before Christmas day, but I'm writing this just in case I don't ...)

9 comments:

  1. I trust The Hubster was driving, not you, as you were reading The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks like a great read, Thanks for the tip!

    I hope that you and the Hubster have a wonderful Christmas with lots of walks and books at your disposal.

    Over here in foggy, freezing England, I have come down with bronchitis. Sigh. I think my lungs knew that the holidays were coming and prepared for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CTG: Yes, I let the Hubster drive this time. :) You wouldn't think a cookbook would be so riveting, but it was!

    belinda: Thanks. Sorry you're sick. :( Where in England are you? I spent some time at Oxford when I was in college and have been wanting to go back ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas lovely waterfall! Enjoy your cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and Hubster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you arrived safely. Enjoy your time visiting. Hugs and Merry Christmas to you and Hubster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I happened to use King Arthur's Flour in my cherry pie. And the crust was great. Maybe that's the reason?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas, New Year, our years fly by so fast, before we know it we're already of age 50 :)

    ReplyDelete