Ideal today. Here's what I did:
1. Went to breakfast with Hub, Frank, and Regis, and had the best breakfast ever: OJ, oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, and a bottomless cup of coffee.
2. Worked on my novel and some of the critiques for my novel class.
3. Practiced piano on four different grand pianos for about two and a half hours. (Liszt is sounding oh-so-good!)
4. Bought a book of Haydn sonatas.
5. Ran six miles. My "speed intervals" were 50 and 100m "races" with first graders from Buchanan Elementary School in Wintersville, OH. Fun to play with the kids.
6. Watched my darling Hubster be honored by his hometown tonight. Also watched him give an amazing motivational speech. Also watched people line up by the dozen to have him sign his book.
7. Had a glass of merlot with Hubster before heading home.
8. Ate pumpkin pie and chocolate-covered raisins today (among other, more healthy foods).
See? An ideal day in the life of Waterfall. Any day that includes writing, piano, running, red wine, and chocolate is a good day, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not even upset about missing my novel class tonight.
Life is good.
I have written enough about my voice insecurities in the past, so I'm not going to go into that here. But I do want to write a little b...
You wouldn't believe how many Google searches on "English translation of Ständchen" lead to this blog. So I'm going to to ...
Over Christmas, I was told that I was a "genius" and "brilliant" by friends and family who obviously like to carelessly ...
This year's reading challenge will be Back to the Classics 2018 , hosted by Books and Chocolate . It's been a long time since I'...