Monday, August 7, 2006

Four Miles!

I just have to tell the world: I ran four miles today! Without stopping!

I think that's the farthest I've ever run in my life. Actually, it was more of a jog, but still ... I stayed steady at 6.0 mph for the whole run, except for the last couple of minutes when I slowed down to begin cool-down.

The first mile was at a 1% incline, the second at a 2% incline, the third at a 1% incline, and the fourth at a 0.5% incline. (This was all on the treadmill. It's way too hot to run outside.)

I feel really good. I love running. My knee hasn't hurt, except for once early in my "training." I let up for a couple days, and then it was fine. Last week, the outside of my lower shin ached a little bit, so I took a day off and it stopped hurting. On the trail, we say that muscle and joint pain are OK as long as a different thing hurts each day, and the same muscle/joint isn't constantly hurting.

That's been my experience so far with running.

I love what running is doing to my body. You know that cellulite stuff that women get on the backs of their upper thighs when they turn, oh, mid-thirtyish? Running makes it go away!

And I ran FOUR MILES today!!!

The endorphins must be humming through my system because I feel really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment