Sunday, August 13, 2006

Fall Semester Starts Soon!

I won't be a teacher this year. I'll be a student--a piano student (as always), and a creative non-fiction student. As well as a penniless working writer.

Piano starts next week. I am so excited. It's really a little sad, the way I live for my piano lessons. I don't know why I do. I just love them. So I'm a happy girl because I'll soon begin the "fall semester" of music.

I'm also signing up for a creative non-fiction workshop through UNC-Asheville's Great Smokies Writing Program. It doesn't start until September, but I'm really excited about it: I'll have piano in the afternoon, then take a short break (can anyone say "coffee shop"?), then head over to my writing workshop. All of my other days will be work, work, work (yes, I got a big freelance project I was hoping to get), but one day a week will be for "self-education."

Life is good. I love self-educating. All autodidacts do (har, har, har!).

No comments: