School Update

School starts at the end of August. I'll be teaching one class (composition) in the afternoons, so I need to start thinking about that at some point. Six people have signed up so far. It's a writing teacher's dream come true: six intelligent, hard-working, college-bound students in a writing class. I've had two of the students already (in British Lit last year), and they were among my "most improved" students. I am looking forward seeing their writing, in particular, improve this year.

I went by the school the other day to visit with the principal. I don't regret having resigned from the English-teacher position. I have wondered, though, if I would have done the same thing, had I not suffered from chronic insomnia for the entire school year. It made me pretty crazy and nonfunctional by the time June rolled around. But that's water under the bridge. One of these days, I'm going to devote an entire post to the madness of chronic insomnia, but everyone has to promise first not to judge me. ;-)

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to have three main jobs in late August/early September: teaching, editing, and a freelance tech writing job that will (hopefully) come through. I'll probably get a few "tutoring clients," as well.

I'm really not very excited about the upcoming school year. I get tired just thinking about it. I think I'm still burned out, and I really haven't recovered yet from the insomnia/depression thing. New medications have made me loopy. Hopefully I'll de-loop by the time school starts!

Comments

Popular Posts