Monday, July 24, 2006

My First Wireless Post!

I'm writing this from a coffee shop in Waynesville, North Carolina. I'm wireless. This is my first wireless post. I usually work at home, but I decided I needed to get out of the house for a few hours. So here I am, with Jan's manuscript, my trusty copy of Roget's Thesaurus, my Long Trail Guide, and my laptop.

This is really cool, being able to connect to the internet like this. I am SO twenty-first-century. I have my laptop, my wireless connection, my cell phone nearby (with the ringer off--I don't want to be rude in this public place!), and my palm pilot handy. I'm listening to Bach's orchestral suites on my iPod (so maybe I'm a bit seventeenth-century too).

Ah, this is such a different life from the long-distance hiking life. But it's all good, I think.

Time to get to work on Chapter 17!

No comments: