Wandering Aimlessly

It's been a long, long time since I've been able to wander aimlessly through the blogosphere. I see from Sitemeter that more and more people have decided to wander this way in the last month, so I'm thankful for those of you who have started reading my blog, as well as for those of you who never stopped!

Meanwhile ...

Here's some very exciting news: Hilda, the Dominican Oboist, recently played in an orchestra for the first time. Having read Hilda's blog from the very beginning, when she first wrote of her discovery of the oboe as her instrument, I was thrilled to read that she has come so far in such a short time.

I found some food for thought (as usual) at the 2Blowhards, where Donald writes about his pop-music cluelessness. I started to comment on that one, but it ended up being a book instead, so I've decided to write about it on my own blog in the next couple of days. I, too, am clueless about today's pop music, and I don't believe I'm missing anything by it. But more on that later.

What the heck happened to the blog named for my favorite punctuation mark? Semicolon, where are you? Update: Yay! The blog is back up and running!

Sadly, the blogosphere has had to say goodbye to two wonderful blogs: Just Marla, formerly known as the Proverbial Wife (no link available anymore), and Divertimenti. Marla Swoffer's blog was what inspired me to start my own blog, and Divertimenti, written by "Dulciana," an organist, pianist, music teacher, and mommy, has been among my favorite piano/music blogs.

I see, from reading Bittersweet Life, that I'm not the only non-professor in the world who relishes the thought of writing research papers (and it sounds like Ariel has found a fascinating topic to pursue--C.S. Lewis and the Atonement).

I was shocked, shocked! and delighted to see that Forrest Covington posted to The Muse at Sunset for the first time since September of last year. Can't wait to see his new music blog!

CaliforniaTeacherGuy has some good thoughts on the importance of teaching children to listen to nature.

There is so much good stuff out there ... these are just a few that I've read and enjoyed in the last couple of hours while procrastinating (I'm supposed to be spring cleaning today). I've also done a few other things while procrastinating, including making new resolutions to lose weight, outlining and drafting an essay that I'd like to see published in the local newspaper, and practicing a bit of Bach.

But now, I really need to spring clean. If you could see my house right now, you'd swear that my housekeeper's name was Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout.

Comments

Popular Posts