Upcoming Recitals in North Carolina

I'll be attending not one but two piano recitals in the next month or so. My birthmother, Sherry, has begun taking piano lessons and will be in a student recital over Memorial Day weekend. This is very exciting--she played piano for me at the adoption agency, while I was still in the womb, but she never had the opportunities that I've had for formal lessons. So it's pretty thrilling, not only that she's finally able to take lessons, but that she'll be performing some pieces she's learned for an audience. I am really looking forward to this. Since Sherry moved to North Carolina after Katrina and is now only a few hours away, I'll actually be able to go and hear her play!

********************************************

And, for a recital that you're all invited to (at least those of you in western North Carolina):

"Close Focus on Piano" will be presented by the Asheville Area Piano Forum on Sunday, April 30, at 3:00 p.m. It's a spring benefit concert, with wine and hors d'oeuvres and everything, and it'll take place at New Hope Presbyterian Church in Asheville. The program will include works by Mendelssohn, Schubert, Schumann, Prokoviev, Brahms, and of course, my beloved Bach. Adult admission is $15, though there's a special group rate; I'm trying to get a group together so we can get it. Student admission is free.

If you're interested, contact AAPF at 828-669-4869 for tickets and information.

Oh, did I mention that my piano teacher will be playing in this one? I think she's doing a duet with pianist John Cobb, as well as playing the complete Kinderszenen by Schumann.

If any of you North Carolina folks are interested in getting in on the group rate, please e-mail me. My e-mail address is listed in the right column of this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts