Sunday, April 16, 2006

Tagged

I've been tagged by Kat to write six weird things/habits about myself. I'm supposed to tag others, but I don't know who's been tagged yet. I do know that I'd enjoy reading Seb's answers. So, Seb or anyone else, feel free to pick up the stick if you want, and let me know if you've done so.

OK, six weird things about me:

1. My brain constantly makes anagrams and puns of words. We can be having a conversation, you and I, but my brain is busily anagramming and looking for puns on every other word you say. Sorry. I really am paying attention. Mostly.

2. I get misty-eyed when I hear "The Farmer and the Cowman" from Oklahoma! Sometimes I outright cry.

3. My favorite color is purple, even though one is supposed to outgrow it after age 16 or so. Purple is often the favorite color of the mentally ill.

4. I hate a lot of things about myself, particularly my depression and a really nasty streak of cynicism that I mostly keep to myself. (I wonder ... how can a person can be a cynic yet can be moved to tears by "The Farmer and the Cowman"? It's true, the farmer and the cowman should be friends. But then, maybe the farmer and the cowman are simply having a spat. Maybe they really wish everyone wouldn't sing and dance and hoot and holler about their very personal relationship problems. Maybe the farmer and the cowman have deeper, more sinister issues than simply "being friends." Maybe they're both jerks. Maybe it really is a stupid song after all. Sigh. See what I mean?)

5. My favorite people are cats, generally speaking.

6. Sometimes I wish my name were Ingeborg.

6.5. I love the subjunctive voice so much that I think I overuse it. Did I misuse it in the previous sentence? I need to know, as I plan to use this sentence often in the future.

I just re-read this list and was struck by how silly and mindless it is. Please, someone, write a list of your weird stuff, and make it more interesting than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment