Thursday, April 20, 2006

Spring Cleaning Question

What do you do when you come across a faded, dirty, raggedy little yarn thing that an old relative crocheted for you ten years ago? It will fall apart if I try to wash it. It's not particularly pretty, and it wasn't made by a relative that I knew very well. I don't really have anywhere to keep it, but I feel bad about throwing it away. After all, I've dragged this yarn thing from apartment to apartment to house to house over the last ten years. It seems wrong to unceremoniously dump it into the Spring Cleaning Trash Bag after all this time.

Am I being overly sentimental? Am I merely afraid that said relative will come back to haunt me if I throw away her yarn thing? Is it simply time to say goodbye to the yarn thing? What to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment