Wednesday, March 22, 2006

So Much on my Plate

I'm having another roller-coaster week. I haven't had a chance to visit other blogs since Saturday. I miss all of you!

I got up at 5:00 this morning and wrote a quiz. I still have two outline assessments and one more quiz to write before 11:55. Oh, and lesson plans ... heh.

I haven't planned British Lit because we're discussing Hopkins, and I spent a lot of time reading and researching Hopkins this summer because I love him so much. I planned Science two nights ago, so I'm OK there. Comp ... I have a grab bag of things planned, so I'll decide later just what we'll focus on. And for Fundamentals of Lit, we're having a quiz (the one I have yet to write!), and then I'm giving them a general introduction to To Kill a Mockingbird (that I haven't written yet ... I may just do this one off the top of my head, which probably isn't the best idea). I was hoping to have a writing assignment ready for them today, but that's not gonna happen until Friday at the earliest.

Heck, I haven't even planned what chapters we'll read when, or how long I expect the book to take us. I'm so tired. I think we're just going to read it little by little, discuss it, do vocabulary, learn about characterization and the south in the 1930s, learn how to write about literature in bite-sized (paragraph) pieces, and just have fun.

The worst thing about school is that it always manages to take the enjoyment out of reading a really good book. It's my goal in life to not squeeze the love of reading out of kids (and to instill a general tolerance for reading into the rest of them). I know. Doing vocabulary and making them write isn't going to advance anyone toward that goal.

Oh well. Maybe someday!

I'm happy today because it's piano day. I just hope I'm not half-alseep by the time my lesson begins!

It's 6:23 a.m. I've already been up for an hour and a half. *yawn*

No comments: