My Piano-Lessonless Day

It was an unfortunate piano-lessonless day. It was an unfortunate day all around. Wanna hear about it?

I forgot my science book at school last night, so I couldn't write the science test my girls had to take this morning. So I got to school at 6:45 this morning to write the test. And write it I did, in record time. I sent it to the printer, and ... printer's jammed. No. Printer's BROKEN. As in "Call the technician or I'll start smoking and emitting burning smells."

Grumble, grumble, grumble. Then I also realized that the e-mail I'd sent myself last night--the one that was supposed to include the Romeo and Juliet study guide that had taken me an hour to write--had no attachment. [Insert expletive here.] This meant I had to go back home and call it up on my computer, then go back to school.

It wouldn't have been a big deal, only we had a half-day and a compressed schedule today.

Long story short. Another teacher offered to oversee my girls as they took their science test while I raced home to print the study guide.

Then I realized I'd forgotten to grade some things I needed to grade. And I misplaced a student's class project that she was supposed to present to the class today.

And then I got the phone call from Deborah that piano was cancelled.

One thing after another.

This evening was better. I worked really hard on the Liszt fingering and played through it a few times. There are a few tricky parts, but overall it doesn't look as difficult as it did at first. I'll be married to it for a while, but not for the rest of eternity as I'd feared. There are a few parts that require my fingers to be about twice as long as they are, so it'll be interesting figuring how how I'll play them. Luckily it's Liszt so I can employ pedals and arpeggios as needed.

This evening I took a walk around Lake Junaluska and listened to my beloved iPod, whom I've named Ichapod. This evening's playlist was "Opera Trek," or a bunch of opera arias that I downloaded. Only problem with walking to classical music is that I start conducting and don't realize it until some other walker looks at me with an amused expression.

Now it's time to grade those science and English tests.

Comments

Popular Posts