Monday, March 27, 2006

Bright and Chipper

I finally feel human again. It took two days off from school and lots of sleep, and I'm still not at 100%, but I do feel much better than I did last Friday. Here's the latest with school:

Science: We're doing two units on ecology this week and next week, then the frogs should finally be in on the Monday before spring break. I love studying ecosystems and habitats, so this is right up my alley. I'm planning to take the girls on a hike as a field trip in May, and we'll look at different habitats and the types of vegetation found in them. Fascinating stuff, and I think they will enjoy it.

British Lit: We begin reading The Importance of Being Earnest tomorrow--the last reading selection for our unit on Victorian literature. If we have no schedule snafus and no delays, we'll be able to have the test on a Tuesday and spend the last three days before spring break watching a movie adaptation of a Victorian novel or play.

Composition: It's crunch time for their research papers. Drafts are due Friday, so I'm probably going to let them use class time this week to work on the drafts. Of course, if they don't take advantage of it, I have many evil worksheets waiting in the wings. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Fundamentals of Lit: Between vocabulary, grammar, writing, and To Kill a Mockingbird, these kids will be a busy bunch for the next few weeks before spring break. This class will probably be my most time-consuming for the rest of this six-week period.

All and all, things are good. We didn't get to spend as much time/energy on Gerard Manley Hopkins as I would have liked, due to my days off. Oh well. Maybe next year will be better.

No comments: