You Know You're an English Teacher When ...

... three of your red pens run out of ink. All on the same night. (I don't care how traumatic red ink is for students. I use it anyway. And ever so copiously. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!)

I've been grading papers on William Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience, and on some of Wordsworth's sonnets. I love Romantic literature. I even love grading papers about Romantic literature. I just wish it didn't take so darn long!

I'll be sad when our unit on Romantic lit ends. We're doing Byron tomorrow. Then Shelley. Then my beloved Keats. Oh, Keats. How I love Keats.

Want to hear something neat? We discussed The Rime of the Ancient Mariner on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then today, we discussed The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader," which includes a scene in which the "Dawn Treader" is led from danger by ... an albatross!

How cool is that?

I still think about Wild Turkey 101 and giggle every time I read Coleridge ...

Comments

Popular Posts