Saturday, February 11, 2006

Snow Day

It's Saturday, so I don't know if it really qualifies as a "snow day" since I don't have to miss school ... but there is a LOT of snow out there!

I'm going to spend much of the day with George the Piano; I treasure every little bit of practice time I can get, and today is perfect for practicing. I'll be working on my usual Bach sinfonias, plus "Pomp and Circumstance," which I'll be playing for graduation in late May/early June. It's very easy, but I may as well start learning it now. I am so anxious to begin Liszt's transcription of Ständchen, as well as the Bach C#-major Prelude and Fugue. Maybe next week!

I also need to plan next week's activities and lessons for school. :) Of course, that includes re-reading The Silver Chair, planning a lecture/discussion on The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader", studying my beloved Romantics (Coleridge and Byron for this week), planning a fun lesson based on imagery in Romeo and Juliet, and writing an entertaining test on Classes Mollusca, Arthropoda, and Echinoderma for my seventh-graders. (I love, love, love writing entertaining tests. I'll write more about that in another post.)

But before I do any of that, I'm going to sit here and finish listening to the Mass in B Minor.

Yep. I love this life.

No comments: