Morning and a Practice Update

It's another grey, rainy morning. It doesn't look like we'll have another school closing or delay for a while, but that's fine with me; all of the schedule changes have really worked a number on my motivation. Having a full day yesterday helped me to get a little of it back.

Yesterday, I worked out after school, then came home, where Hubster and I made dinner. It was so nice to sit down to a healthy meal (other than Healthy Choice soup) with Hubster. We cleaned the kitchen together, then he left for a meeting. I sat down at the table and did "homework" for about three hours. Then practiced piano. Weird. I got everything done. Why can't it be like that every night?

Things will be easier next year, they tell me.

It was a good, if brief, practice session. I've worked out the kinks in the G-minor sinfonia. When I play it at piano class on Friday, it'll probably be my last time to play it for that audience. Then it'll be tucked neatly into my repertoire. Yay!

The B-minor sinfonia is sounding good, too. I'm starting to feel a greater sense of confidence when I play the fast runs. I feel like I have more control, and I'm no longer going into them thinking, "Ohhh, I hope it sounds OK this time." The increased control is the result of hours of drilling little bits and pieces here and there. I'm still not up to speed, but I'll get there.

The Liszt piece wasn't in yet when I went to piano last week, so I haven't started it yet. I have, however, been reading about Liszt's Transcriptions and learning a lot.

My assignment for the Bach P&F is simply to read the introductory information and start a theoretical analysis of it. I haven't had time for either this week, but I'm hoping to spend some quality time with Bach tomorrow after school.

I've also started warming up with Hanon. I think those exercises are making a difference in my ability to play the fast runs in the B-minor sinfonia, too.

Comments

Popular Posts