Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Jen's "Interesting Quotient"

Jen of Run Jen Run has a hilarious (and rather sobering) post on how exercise has made her boring. I know exactly what she means; today, as I finished up my elliptical-machine workout, I found myself thinking excitedly about how to rearrange the "80's Workout" playlist on my iPod so that the beats of the different songs allow for less strenuous "breaks" at intervals. Fun, fun.

Of course, if I think about my muscles and pore over article after article of Shape magazine, does that make me any more boring than if I sit and read about the history and development of Liszt's Schubert Transcriptions, or the many instances of symbolism in The Voyage of the "Dawn Treader" (both of which I did yesterday)?

Yeah. I guess it does. :)

I found Jen's blog through the 2Blowhards, one of my favorite blogs out there.

No comments: