Friday, February 17, 2006

Blow-Off Day

I've never "blown off" a day at school before. But I'm kind of doing that today. Tomorrow's my birthday. I'm tired. I'm just not up to it.

I spent the morning writing the most hysterically funny quiz for my ninth-graders. It's on verbs (ha ha ha!). Seriously, it really is a funny quiz.

I played "Totally Gross" with my seventh-graders. I talked about Byron for about 20 minutes in English 12, then thought to myself, "I don't feel like talking about Byron." So I let them get a head-start on their Shelley homework.

To be honest, I haven't felt like talking about Byron since I was about 20 years old.

In Composition, I let a student lead the class as we went over the homework, then let them work in groups on a comparison/contrast exercise. Then I let them leave a few minutes early.

In English 9, I'm going to give them their funny quiz, then we'll read a short bit of Shakespeare.

I'm just ready to go home and start celebrating my birthday!

No comments: