Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What's Going On With School

No self-reflections today. I'm madly making some worksheets for composition. I love teaching that class, and my students are great, but it is so much work.

Here's a little update on what's going on at school, for the benefit of my mom and anyone else who cares.

Science: We're finishing up a unit on Functions of Plants and are starting Plant Reproduction tomorrow. The dead of winter is not the time of year to study plants, though!

English: We're reading Pope's The Rape of the Lock. The kids aren't really getting into it. I'm disappointed. But then, I remember not liking it very much when I was in school either.

Composition: We're looking at the difference between summarizing, paraphrasing, and quoting, and how to incorporate sources smoothly into your writing. We're going to talk about citations, MLA style, etc., but for the moment I'm mainly interested in the writing aspect of research.

Fundamentals of Lit: Verbs. And getting ready for Romeo and Juliet.

SAT Prep: Starts next week. First-year teacher, five classes. I hope I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment