Sunday, January 1, 2006

Resolutions for the New Year

Life has changed drastically for me since I became a teacher. I'm not sure how realistic it is to make the following resolutions--my schedule seems to take over and get the best of me--but it doesn't hurt to write them down and at least strive for goals.

I love goals.

1. Start a workout routine. I had one before I started teaching. It's time to make time for exercise again.

2. Schedule regular practice sessions with George. Thirty minutes a day, five days a week. That's all I'm asking of myself. It would be madness to expect more.

3. Finish "Hiking Haywood County," the hiking guidebook I started two years ago but never finished because life kept getting in the way.

4. Finish the draft of my novel this summer.

That's all (so far). Really, I guess the overarching resolution should be this: Don't let my teaching job, which I love, continue to take over my entire life.

Hubster's resolution is to hike 500+ miles this year.

We had an awesome new year's weekend. I'll post pictures later, whenever I can find another snippet of time for blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment