Thursday, November 10, 2005

Tomorrow is Friday ...

... and I am dreading it. I've logged about 2 hours of sleep every night this week. School has been good, but trying. I lost my temper a little bit in one class today. Not really ... I just got frustrated with a few students and made it clear to them that I was frustrated.

I was so tired that when my composition class said, "We're all grammared out" after a whole 20 minutes of grammar, I said, "OK" and basically let them chat for the rest of the period.

I'm so tired right now, but I have that jittery-manic feeling that tells me my body won't want to sleep until 4 a.m. again. I would call in sick tomorrow, but I want to save my sick days for real sick days.

A student said today that I'm one of the hardest-working teachers at the school, and I guess maybe I am. If I did any less work, though, I'd be the most unprepared teacher in the school. I guess that all goes with the territory of it being my first year and my teaching so many different classes that I've never taught before. And it probably doesn't help that I hold myself to notoriously high standards.

Or maybe there's some kind of formula or something that I, with my all-book-sense and no-common-sense brain, haven't figured out yet.

Or maybe I just need to sleep for a week.

No comments: