Sunday, November 6, 2005

The School Family

My last post made it sound like my school has been beating me to death all year. I didn't mean for it to sound that way. The work for the new classroom would never have gotten done if moms, dads, and students hadn't shown up. Two of my ninth-graders did a bunch of the painting, several moms and dads helped with the scraping, clearning, painting, hauling, etc. You hear the cliche' about a school or workplace being "like a big family," but it really is in this case.

I love these people. I love this job. I can honestly say that I love this job more than any job I've ever had. And these kids and their families are a big reason that I love it so much.

I love my administrators, too. I've been blessed with some good, kind, and competent bosses in the past, but no one is better than my principal and vice-principal. I love these people. We private-school teachers don't make much money, but I think I'd work for these people for free if they asked me to ... of course, the Hubster might not go for that idea!

So, I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't complaining about the school in my previous post. I was just explaining how things have been for me ... and how much life is going to improve from now on!

No comments: