Morning Music

I think things are starting to come together. I think I'm going to be able to get several doses of music in this week, even though I have a huge stack of papers and tests to grade before the weekend (this week ends our six-week grading period).

I'm no longer having to get up at 4:30 a.m. to plan. And I actually got to sleep before midnight last night. I got to school early today--around 7:30--which meant that I had about 20 minutes to play Chopin on the clunker piano in the cafeteria. Oh, my. It's the worst piano ever. I'm trying to think of a good name for it, but all I can think of is "Clunk."

But still, I played Chopin and Bach. The Chopin didn't sound so bad because it has so many pedaled chords anyway. But the Bach sinfonia sounded awful. Bach should never be played, I have concluded, on a poor piano. It sounds awful, and it's an insult to the great master himself.

I have a lot to blog ... naturally, this revival of piano-practice has sent my brain waves crashing around inside my head ... but I need to plan today's review lesson for science.

Comments

Popular Posts