Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Macbeth Test on Thursday!

My classes have their test on Macbeth next Thursday. We'll finish the play a week from today.

It's dragged on and on, thanks to school cancellations, volleyball regional tournaments, class assemblies, etc., and I still wonder if we'll ever finish it.

At the same time, I'm kind of sad to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've really enjoyed teaching Macbeth. At first, I was disappointed because I'd much rather teach Hamlet or Othello or Lear, but Macbeth has turned out to be great fun. I learned, reading it, that I'd never read it all that closely before--even though I've read it for several classes in the past.

I guess it's true what they say, that you never really, truly learn something until you have to teach it.

No comments: