I can barely contain my excitement.
We start reading Macbeth today!!
We'll begin at the beginning: Act 1, Scene 1, with the three witches.
I'm so happy. I hope they like Macbeth. Even if they don't, I'm still happy. Why? Because I'm reading Shakespeare and not software documentation drafts for a living!
Here's today's reading selection. Imagine it being read in the witchiest voices you can think of! And imagine lots of thunder and lightning! And stick an imaginary exclamation point at the end of that last line!
Thunder and lightning. Enter three Witches
1. Witch When shall we three meet again In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
2. Witch. When the hurlyburly’s done, When the battle’s lost and won.
3. Witch. That will be ere the set of sun.
1. Witch. Where the place?
2. Witch. Upon the heath.
3. Witch. There to meet with Macbeth.
1. Witch. I come, Graymalkin!
[2. Witch.] Paddock calls:—Anon!
All. Fair is foul, and foul is fair; Hover through the fog and filthy air.