Favorite Pundit Mentions Macbeth

When I was in Cubicle Land and glued to the internet all day, I was a bit of an NR (National Review) junkie. My favorite feature there is Jay Nordlinger's "Impromptus"--an informally written collection of bits and pieces of news and comment (with links to his music reviews thrown in here and there).

Since I took up teaching, I haven't visited NR as often as usual, but I did visit it today in preparation for a composition lesson.

Much to my delight, there was a new "Impromptus" column up. To conclude his brief points on the Ruth Miers nomination and upcoming hearings, Jay writes, "I imagine, up above, that some of you thought of Macbeth: 'If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly.'"

And would you believe, we're reading that very line today in class? How cool is that?

Once again, Mr. Nordlinger proves himself worthy of being my favorite pundit.

Comments

Popular Posts