School & Katrina

School starts for the kids tomorrow, but instead of planning the first day, I've been watching The Weather Channel. It looks like Hurricane Katrina is headed straight for my beloved New Orleans. After that, we'll probably have a lot of bad weather and flooding here in western North Carolina. My birthmom, Sherry, and my sister, Rebecca, have evacuated north to Mississippi. My dad's in Plaquemine (near Baton Rouge) and is keeping us posted about how things are (not bad) there.

It looks like this may be The Big One for New Orleans. Every year we fear it, and every year it bypasses us. I was living in Louisiana during Andrew in '92, and that was a nightmare. But Katrina looks to be even more destructive than Andrew was. I know I don't need to say this, but please keep the New Orleans folks in your prayers. I have a lot of friends and family who live there.

Time to go to bed ... big day tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts